We are looking for our first Australia-based Enterprise Account Director to join the nPlan team.
This is a very exciting time to be joining, following our most successful year to date in 2021 which included the opening of a Sydney office and record sales.
As the first full-time sales hire in Australia, You will be reporting directly to our Commercial Director, operating across the entire APAC region. You will be integral to the success of the APAC team as you work closely with the Commercial Director to scale the team here.
nPlan are using pioneering machine learning technology to change how construction projects are managed and executed.
We're working with some of the largest infrastructure projects in the world (think High Speed 2, Heathrow, Crossrail) and the Victorian Government here in Australia, which means an opportunity to have a significant impact on the world around us, shaping it through savings, efficiencies and innovation
You’ll be joining a world class and well funded team, backed by top investors including GV (formerly known as Google Ventures) that all believe in the future we are creating. We’ve been on a tremendous growth trajectory for the last four years, and thanks to our latest $18.5m investment round we have even more ambitious growth plans for 2022 and beyond, scaling our product and team at an exciting pace.
What we need you to do:
- Help us achieve our growth target by pursuing and leading new opportunities and selling new products into existing accounts
- Take a leadership role within the commercial function here in Australia
- Short-term revenue generation is an important part of this role, but we also want you to consider long-term customer value and growth, keeping in mind our broader commercial strategy
- Demonstrate the value of nPlan to key stakeholders within your accounts during complex sales cycles
- Find and develop champions of our technology and products within prospect organisations, and nurture those relationships to develop opportunities
- Reach out to new prospects, building and maintaining a robust sales pipeline
- Contribute to the development of sales and marketing collateral to deliver effective messaging and identify the best target market segments
- Maintain the accuracy and status of opportunities and customers in our CRM
- Partner with the customer success squad to ensure high satisfaction within your accounts, and with marketing to turn these stories into sales compelling collateral
We need you to have:
- Experience selling to Director, VP and C level executives
- Experienced in navigating and closing complex sales cycles within capital projects
- Industry leadership built through customer relationships, speaking opportunities, and / or media presence (social or traditional)
- Track record of success selling into mid-market and enterprise companies
- You're excited about the impact of what we're building: your energy, resolve, and drive inspires others to push for ambitious targets.
What working at nPlan will be like:
- We are still a small team so there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you're from.
- We have three core values that underlie everything we do: Learn from Everything, Be Radically Truthful, and Aim High, Run Fast. These enable us to create a collaborative, inclusive environment where we can move effectively and efficiently to implement the best solutions.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team, and come from all backgrounds and countries. We offer Visa sponsorship and contribute to relocation costs.
- Fantastic benefits package for Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Development, family leave, weekly team lunches and more.
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
- Having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.
What your typical work week will be like:
As an Account Director, you can expect to be spending the majority (~70%) of your time interacting with prospects, customers, and the nPlan team. This may include cold calls, pitches, and internal commercial or cross functional meetings. The remaining time would be spent on activities to support the sales process like territory planning, preparing proposals, and managing the sales process e.g. updating HubSpot, producing close plans.