We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team in London.
We want to inspire the world to forecast correctly and empower it to tackle risk, thanks to our unique ability to forecast the outcomes of construction projects. We can change how construction projects are managed and executed, and this will lead us to build the world's largest infrastructure bank in the process. A crucial part of getting there is being able to deliver deep insights for very large construction schedules.
We are a data driven company focused around product, with engineering squads (we use the Spotify model) that align directly to user needs, and have a lot of autonomy. You will be part of one of the squads, working in collaboration with other Data Scientists, and Machine Learning, Software and Data Engineers to draw valuable insight from the company’s large database of schedules.
We're working with some of the largest infrastructure projects in the world (think HS2, Heathrow, Crossrail), which means an opportunity to have a significant impact on the world around us, and what it will look like in the future, from the very first day.
You’ll be joining a world class and very well funded team, backed by top investors and VCs from Silicon Valley and the UK that all believe in the future we are creating. We’ve been on a tremendous growth trajectory for the last three years, and have even more ambitious growth plans for 2021 and beyond, scaling our product and team at an exciting pace. We won the hottest Proptech startup at the Europas in 2019, Forbes think we are 1 of 10 machine learning companies to look out for, and we recently picked up the best early stage company award at TechCrunch Disrupt.
What we need you to do as a Senior Data Engineer:
- You will be working with big volumes of data in collaboration with the whole team to help design the data pipeline from data ingestion to ML/DS ready datasets.
- You will prioritise the biggest problems in our data processing, design the solution and work collaboratively with others to make them more efficient.
- You will be building on our cloud based pipeline 'to ensure data consistency, security and quality throughout the process to allow us to bring more value to the user.
- You will be collaborating with Machine Learning Engineers to ensure data is suitable for training models.
- You will be working with platform and service teams to ensure datasets are accessible by services that require them and access complies with customer requirements.
We need you to have:
- Fluency in Python.
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining stream pipelines for 1>TB workloads.
- Experience managing and transforming semi-structured data.
- Fluency of working with Git, SQL, and Apache Spark or Apache Beam (or similar)
- Please mention the word 'crane' in your application.
- Fluency with Google Cloud Platform (preferred), Azure, AWS, or equivalent.
- (bonus) Experience building machine learning pipelines (using TFX or similar).
- (bonus) Experience working with data lineage, data lifecycles, & data governance.
The typical nPlanauts are:
- Generally curious about the world.
- Serious, without taking themselves too seriously.
- Able to define their own work independently.
- Proactive about improving the world around them.
- Open-minded about new technical ideas.
- Willing to change their mind on the basis of the evidence.
What working at nPlan will be like:
- We are still a small team so there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you're from.
- We have three core values that underlie everything we do: Learn from Everything, Be Radically Truthful, and Aim High, Run Fast. These enable us to create a collaborative, inclusive environment where we can move effectively and efficiently to implement the best solutions.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team, and come from all backgrounds and countries. We offer Visa sponsorship and contribute to relocation costs.
- Fantastic benefits package for Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Development, family leave, weekly team lunches and more.
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
- Having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.