We are looking for a talented Events & Community Manager to join our team in London.
This is a tremendously exciting role which will give the successful candidate the opportunity to design and execute our event marketing strategy while also owning, growing and developing our customer community. Applicants with experience of event marketing or community management are warmly welcomed to apply - we are more concerned with candidates’ creativity and level of organisation than their specific level of experience.
nPlan’s purpose is to inspire the world to forecast correctly and empower it to tackle risk. Our secret weapon is our proprietary AI technology, which gives us the unique ability to forecast the outcomes of construction projects to an extent never seen before in the industry. We’re on a mission to change how construction projects are planned, managed and executed, and in the process unlock a trillion dollars of new project value for the world through our data-driven forecasting.
We’re lucky to work on some of the largest infrastructure projects in the world, which gives us both an opportunity and a privilege to make a significant impact on the world around us, and what it will look like in the future, every day.
You’ll be joining a world-class, well-funded team, backed by top investors including GV (formerly known as Google Ventures), the founder of DeepMind, and other AI luminaries, all of whom believe in the future we are creating. We’ve been on a tremendous growth trajectory for the last four years, and we’ve got very ambitious growth plans for 2023 and beyond.
What you'll be doing:
- Tracking and researching tradeshows across multiple construction verticals, making the case for the shows you think we should attend, handling all exhibitor logistics, and measuring our event marketing performance/effectiveness.
- Leading on the creative executions including stand design, giveaways, and marketing stands which will ensure we make the right impression wherever we go.
- Organising and running our quarterly series of open invitation own-brand panel events - from securing must-hear speakers to recruiting attendees, branding the venue and creating content off the back of the events .
- Achieving lift-off for our fledgling customer community, delivering value to members via a combination of successful small-scale online and live events, content drops and effective social media management.
- Coming up with creative ways to grow our community, and engage and delight community members; keeping members informed of our progress and activities with consistent, readable comms.
- You enjoy coming up with and executing creative marketing ideas/coming up with creative ways to tackle logistical challenges AND you are also extremely organised and proactive.
- You don’t mind traveling around the country/world to manage our event presence at least 4-5 times per year (perhaps you even relish the prospect!)
- You have approx 3 years’ experience in either community management or event marketing or a combination of the two and feel you are ready to take the lead in these disciplines at a fast-growing startup.
- You've got excellent social skills, and you’re a talented writer and communicator.
- You’re familiar with a range of basic digital tools and platforms including LinkedIn, Eventbrite, Google Suite and more.
- You’re resilient and adaptable, with an appetite for startup life (which can be something of a rollercoaster!)
- You mention the word ‘crane’ in your application.
- Some experience of social media management and commissioning branded merchandise.
What your typical work week will look like:
A typical week might start with a review of what we’ve got coming up on our events and community calendars. With an important event coming up you’ll find yourself leading a brainstorm to come up with ways we can wow visitors to our stand, before checking in with our visual designer to make sure the visuals are on-point. With that taken care of, you’ll check in with the social hub for our customer community to see if there are any conversations a member of our team should engage with. Working on the next big piece of community content will be on your agenda for the week too. Overall, you can expect every week to be a different challenge requiring equal parts creativity and organisation!
What working at nPlan will be like:
- We are still a relatively small team so there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the business, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business too
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you're from.
- We have three core values that underlie everything we do: Learn from Everything, Be Radically Truthful, and Aim High, Run Fast. These enable us to create a collaborative, inclusive environment where we can move effectively and efficiently to implement the best solutions.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team, and come from all backgrounds and countries. We offer Visa sponsorship and contribute to relocation costs (role dependant).
- Fantastic benefits package for Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Development, family leave, weekly team meals and more.
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
- Having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.
We are working hard to create a workplace that is inclusive to everyone, no matter their background, or where they are in life. We believe that only a truly diverse place can create great products that serve a wide audience and improve the world.
We believe in equality of opportunity and that's why we make sure that these ideas are reflected in our values, and that we really apply these in all aspects of our company culture.
If you have any questions about what that looks like in practice, feel free to reach out to us.
If you need us to make any adjustments during our interview process, let us know and we will do our best to accommodate them.
We know that taking your next career move is a big decision. If you'd like to ask us any questions before applying (role-related or company-related) please use this link to book a short chat with our Talent Acquisition Manager, Jack.