We are looking for a VP of Engineering to join our team in London (or Remote with travel to London).
As VP of Engineering you will lead the Engineering Department, reporting to our CTO & co-founder Alan Mosca and working closely with the Senior Leadership Team and senior engineers within the department. You will steer the development of the department and our products, guiding engineers from Frontend to Infrastructure in ensuring our capabilities and capacities are constantly growing.
Our purpose is to inspire the world to forecast correctly and empower it to tackle risk, powered by our deep learning technology and its unique ability to forecast the outcomes of construction projects. We’re on a mission to change how construction projects are planned, managed and executed, and in the process unlock a trillion dollars of new project value for the world through our data-driven forecasting.
We’re lucky to work on some of the largest infrastructure projects in the world, which gives us both an opportunity and a privilege to make a significant impact on the world around us, and what it will look like in the future, every day.
You’ll be joining a world-class and well-funded team, backed by top investors including GV (formerly known as Google Ventures) that all believe in the future we are creating. We’ve been on a tremendous growth trajectory for the last four years, and following our latest investment round we’ve got very ambitious growth plans for 2022 and beyond.
We know that taking your next career move is a big decision. If you'd like to ask us any questions before applying (role-related or company-related) please use this link to book in a short chat with our Talent Acquisition Manager, Jack.
About the role:
- Work with other members of nPlan’s senior leadership team, including the CTO and CEO, to develop and execute on company strategy.
- Push the Engineering department by the setting and achieving of engineering objectives and standards of performance.
- Mentor and grow senior engineers, ensuring the continuous improvement of engineering practices.
- Coordinate closely with Product and others to ensure the right teams deliver at the right pace.
- Own our SLOs and the fulfilment of our other nonfunctional requirements (e.g. security requirements).
- Grow engineering at nPlan by identifying and hiring for necessary roles.
- Lead the department in furthering nPlan’s engineering and platform vision, architecture, and systems.
- Experience managing engineering teams in developing and operating SaaS products in high-growth organisations.
- A proven leader with experience inspiring and leading an agile team, passionate about team development and engagement.
- Skilled in building bridges across the organisation and effectively managing a variety of internal stakeholders.
- A track record of governing technical debt while executing on software delivery at pace.
- Familiarity with engineering tools & processes for agile development, such as Jira, Github, and CI/CD.
- A background in requirements-driven architecture and system design in the cloud.
- Knowledge of machine learning principles and tools, and the development of ML-based systems.
- Experience with or leading:
- Security & Compliance
- Support & Incident Response
- SRE/Infrastructure Management
- Data Ingestion
What working at nPlan will be like:
- We are still a relatively small team so there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you're from.
- We have three core values that underlie everything we do: Learn from Everything, Be Radically Truthful, and Aim High, Run Fast. These enable us to create a collaborative, inclusive environment where we can move effectively and efficiently to implement the best solutions.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team, and come from all backgrounds and countries. We offer Visa sponsorship and contribute to relocation costs (role dependant).
- Fantastic benefits package for Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Development, family leave, weekly team meals and more.
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
- Having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.
We are working hard to create a workplace that is inclusive to everyone, no matter their background, or where they are in life. We believe that only a truly diverse place can create great products that serve a wide audience and improve the world.
We believe in equality of opportunities and that's why we make sure that these ideas are reflected in our values, and that we really apply these in all aspects of our company culture.
If you have any questions about what that looks like in practice, we are more than happy to discuss this at interview
If you have a need for any adjustments during our interview process, let us know and we will do our best to accommodate them.