We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team in London.
At nPlan, we are making construction more predictable via a comprehensive understanding of plan outcomes, and a crucial part of that is being able to deliver deep insights for very large construction schedules. In this role, you’ll be working with the Software Engineering team to help solve some of the most challenging problems facing the construction industry.
We're working with some of the largest infrastructure projects in the world, which means an opportunity to have a true impact on the world around us.
You’ll be joining a world class team, backed by top investors from the US and UK that all believe in the future we can enable. We won the hottest Proptech startup at the Europas in 2019, Forbes think we are 1 of 10 machine learning companies to look out for and we recently picked up the best early stage company award at TechCrunch Disrupt.
What we need you to do:
- Maintain our microservices.
- Support migration of heavy workloads to serverless & Kubernetes.
- Lead the shift to 100% infrastructure-as-code.
- Automate our CI/CD pipelines, aiming for fully automated deployments.
- Create monitoring and stability tools, as well as tools that make the deployment process faster.
We need you to have:
- Familiarity with Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm.
- Fluency with Google Cloud Platform (preferred), Azure, AWS, or equivalent.
- Worked with Stackdriver, Prometheus, Alertmanager, and Zipkin/Jaeger or similar observability tools.
- Experience designing and creating CI/CD pipelines.
- Please mention the word ‘crane’ in your application.
We’d like you to have:
- Understanding of GitOps techniques & practices.
- Experience implementing blue-green deployments, with cloud native CI/CD.
- Worked with Linkerd or another service mesh.
- Experience with Kubernetes RBAC & network policies.
The typical nPlanauts are:
- Generally curious about the world.
- Serious, without taking themselves too seriously.
- Able to define their own work independently.
- Proactive about improving the world around them.
- Open-minded about new technical ideas.
- Willing to change their mind on the basis of the evidence
What working at nPlan will be like:
- We are still a small team so there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you're from.
- We have three core values that underlie everything we do: Learn from Everything, Be Radically Truthful, and Aim High, Run Fast. These enable us to create a collaborative, inclusive environment where we can move effectively and efficiently to implement the best solutions.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team, and come from all backgrounds and countries. We offer Visa sponsorship and contribute to relocation costs.
- Fantastic benefits package for Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Development, family leave, weekly team lunches and more.
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
- Having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.