We are looking for a Graduate Risk Engineer to join our Customer Success team in London. This is a unique role in which you'll be working with our Software Engineering and Customer Success teams to help solve some of the most challenging problems facing the construction industry. You’ll play a critical role to work with our clients from around the world, empowering them to understand the insights we produce and take action.
The majority of large-scale construction projects are critically delayed, which comes with a huge financial cost: approx. $2T globally in lost productivity every year. So why do these critical delays consistently occur? Put simply, it is incredibly difficult to correctly estimate the duration of future activities. At nPlan, we're learning how the world was built and we're actively using that knowledge to help current and future projects to be delivered on time. We're fundamentally rewiring how the construction industry operates and our customers (contractors, developers, governments and banks) are incredibly excited about what the world will look like, thanks to our technology.
You’ll be joining a world class team, backed by top investors from the US and UK that all believe in the future we can enable. We won the hottest Proptech startup at the Europas in 2019, Forbes think we are 1 of 10 machine learning companies to look out for and we recently picked up the best early stage company award at TechCrunch Disrupt.
What we need you to do:
- Work with our clients, the largest infrastructure contractors and owners, to help them understand our results and most importantly, take action.
- Assist with the introspection of the statistical outputs from our machine learning models onto real world construction projects.
- Work with our product team to help them understand the perspective of the user and test out new product features.
What you bring to nPlan:
- You’ve got a technical degree/qualification, ideally in engineering.
- You’ve got some experience working in the construction industry where you have been exposed to the inner workings of a construction project (for example: project controls, site engineer, planner etc.).
- You have been exposed to project controls for a construction project. As a result you can read and understand a programme/schedule/gantt chart and have been involved in risk workshops associated with a project.
- You have strong quantitative skills that you are looking to build on, and you enjoy thinking in probabilistic terms about future events.
- You have an eye for details. If you’ve read this far, mention the word “crane” in your application :-)
- You can communicate your work with a wide variety of stakeholders in simple, plain-english.
The typical nPlanauts are:
- Generally curious about the world.
- Serious, without taking themselves too seriously.
- Able to define their own work independently.
- Proactive about improving the world around them.
- Open-minded about new technical ideas.
- Willing to change their mind on the basis of the evidence.
What working at nPlan will be like:
- We are still a small team so there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you're from.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team, and come from all backgrounds and countries. We offer Visa sponsorship and contribute to relocation costs.
- Fantastic benefits package for Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Development, family leave, weekly team lunches and more.
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
- Having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.