We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in London. We’re also open to fully-remote applicants, as long as you’re in a similar time zone to London.
We want to inspire the world to forecast correctly and empower it to tackle risk, thanks to our unique ability to forecast the outcomes of construction projects. We can change how construction projects are managed and executed, and will lead us to build the world’s largest infrastructure bank in the process. A crucial part of getting there is being able to deliver deep insights for very large construction schedules. In this role, you’ll be working directly with our Tech teams to help solve some of the most interesting problems facing the construction industry.
We're working with some of the largest infrastructure projects in the world (think HS2, Heathrow, Crossrail), which means an opportunity to have a significant impact on the world around us, and what it will look like in the future, from the very first day.
You’ll be joining a world class and very well funded team, backed by top investors including GV (formerly known as Google Ventures) that all believe in the future we are creating. We’ve been on a tremendous growth trajectory for the last three years, and thanks to our latest $18.5m investment round we have even more ambitious growth plans for 2021 and beyond, scaling our product and team at an exciting pace.
We are a data-focused company focused around product, with engineering squads (we use the Spotify model) that align directly to user needs, and have a lot of autonomy. You will be part of one of the engineering squads, working in collaboration with other engineers, and the product team, to build and maintain our platform and tools and with researchers to create and productionise new capabilities.
Some of the things you’ll be working on:
- Designing and build new features on our platform
- Participating in setting the direction of the product
- Expanding and develop our internal collection of microservices
- Helping other team members, such as through peer code reviews
- Developing internal tools and libraries to help us scale
- Creating tools to simplify and accelerate the data acquisition process
- Maintaining and expanding our simulation and analysis capabilities
We need you to have:
- Strong algorithmic, technical design, and architecture skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or Maths, or equivalent experience
- Familiar working with version control and collaboration tools (ideally Git & JIRA)
- A history of designing and building high-performing rock-solid software
- The ability to share your expertise and mentor junior engineers
- A track record of API and/or microservice development and scaling
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes or serverless application deployment
- (bonus) Experience with GraphQL and/or React for the web
- (bonus) Contributions to relevant open source projects
- Please mention the word 'crane' in your application
The typical nPlanauts are:
- generally curious about the world
- serious, without taking themselves too seriously
- able to define their own work
- proactive about improving the world around them
- open-minded about new technical ideas
- willing to change their mind on the basis of the evidence
What working at nPlan will be like:
- We are still a small team so there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you're from.
- We have three core values that underlie everything we do: Learn from Everything, Be Radically Truthful, and Aim High, Run Fast. These enable us to create a collaborative, inclusive environment where we can move effectively and efficiently to implement the best solutions.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team, and come from all backgrounds and countries.
- Fantastic benefits package for Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Development, family leave, weekly team lunches and more.
- We give all employees share options in the company - these have the potential to grow in value significantly if we continue on our current trajectory (though it’s important to know that the value of shares can go down as well as up)
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
- Having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.