This will be a unique time to join the team and have a major impact with how our clients interact with our platform.
You will have the opportunity to hone your skills designing & building sophisticated services tackling critical problems with the tools and cutting-edge technology you choose. Using datasets containing huge quantities of graph data and working on our microservice-based live platform, you’ll be building new systems that will allow us to scale up to our full potential.
Through our advanced Machine Learning research & developments, nPlan are forecasting risk to major construction projects more accurately than ever, helping our clients (including HS2, Heathrow, & Crossrail) to achieve major projects on time and on budget, changing the construction industry forever.
You’ll be joining a world class team from around the world, working on projects that are exciting for our clients & investors. Google Ventures among other top investors all believe in the future we are creating, and have backed this with a recent $18.5m investment round.
We have even more ambitious growth plans for 2021 and beyond, as we scale our product and team at an exciting pace to match the market demands
You will be part of one of our engineering squads, collaborating with other engineers & the product team to build, improve and maintain our platform, as well as working with researchers to create and implement new product capabilities. We use the Spotify model so that our teams have the best opportunity to work across functions and have the best access to information and resources
Some of the things you could be working on:
- Shipping new features, tools, and libraries that will propel your squad, our products, and the whole company forward!
- Building on our live platform with green-fields & enhanced services to deliver new insights to project teams at lightning speed.
- Expanding our cloud native GraphQL-based API, allowing our domain data and insights to be efficiently queried.
- Creating interfaces between humans and our forecasting tools, tackling some of the most challenging technical and product problems in modelling, forecasting, and explaining highly complex domains & results.
- Deep-diving into our state-of-the art project forecasting engine, which horizontally scales across hundreds of machines.
- Scaling the data pipeline which powers our ML models, and working directly with client systems & data to ensure we’re always making the most of the data sources we have available.
We need you to have:
- Strong algorithmic, technical design, and architecture skills
- A track record of API and/or microservice development and scaling
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or Maths, or equivalent experience
- Familiar working with version control and collaboration tools (ideally Git & JIRA)
- A history of designing and building high-performing rock-solid software
- The ability to share your expertise and mentor junior engineers
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes or serverless application deployment
- (bonus) Experience with GraphQL and/or React for the web
- (bonus) Contributions to relevant open source projects
- No experience with or knowledge of machine learning is required
- Please mention the word 'crane' in your application
The typical nPlanauts are:
- generally curious about the world
- serious, without taking themselves too seriously
- able to define their own work
- proactive about improving the world around them
- open-minded about new technical ideas
- willing to change their mind on the basis of the evidence
What working at nPlan will be like:
- We are still a small team so there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you're from.
- We have three core values that underlie everything we do: Learn from Everything, Be Radically Truthful, and Aim High, Run Fast. These enable us to create a collaborative, inclusive environment where we can move effectively and efficiently to implement the best solutions.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team, and come from all backgrounds and countries.
- Fantastic benefits package for Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Development, family leave, weekly team lunches and more.
- We give all employees share options in the company - these have the potential to grow in value significantly if we continue on our current trajectory
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
- Having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.