Product Designer - London
nPlan's mission is to unlock a trillion dollars of new project value through data-derived forecasting. Through our advanced Machine Learning research & development, nPlan are forecasting risk to major construction projects more accurately than ever, helping our clients (including HS2, Heathrow & Crossrail) to achieve major projects on time and on budget, changing the construction industry forever.
This will be a unique time to join the team and have a major impact with how our clients interact with our product. You will have the opportunity to transform complex information into intuitive solutions and shape the user experience of our product.
You’ll be joining a world class team from around the world, working on projects that are exciting for our clients & investors. Google Ventures, among other top investors, all believe in the future we are creating, and have backed this with a recent $18.5m investment.
We have even more ambitious growth plans for 2021 and beyond, as we scale our product and team at an exciting pace to match the market demands.
You will be part of the design team, collaborating with other designers, product owners, and product managers to develop our product, as well as working with engineers to ensure successful implementation. We use the Spotify model so that our teams have the best opportunity to work across functions and have the best access to information and resources.
What we need you to do:
- Collaborate closely with product, tech, and customer success teams to define and understand user problems
- Translate business objectives and user needs into engaging solutions through iterative prototyping and testing
- Drive the product design process for new feature development
- Communicate complex data through intuitive and effective visualisations
- Apply design principles and best practices in the end-to-end design process from wire-framing to developing high-fidelity prototypes
- Follow, promote, and contribute to the design system to ensure consistent and coherent experiences for our users
We need you to have:
- Demonstrated experience in Product and UX Design in an analytical B2B platform or similar context
- Proven ability to communicate complex numerical data through radically effective visualisations
- Deep understanding of human behaviour
- Ability to articulate and provide justifications for design decisions with evidence and data
- Knowledge and experience of design tools (e.g. Figma or Sketch, etc.)
- User research knowledge and usability testing techniques
- (Bonus) Basic understanding of uncertainty
- Attention to detail is important - please mention the word ‘crane’ in your application
The typical nPlanauts are:
- Generally curious about the world
- Serious, without taking themselves too seriously
- Able to define their own work
- Proactive about improving the world around them
- Open-minded about new technical ideas
- Willing to change their mind on the basis of the evidence
What working at nPlan will be like:
- We are still a small team so there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you're from.
- We have three core values that underlie everything we do: Learn from Everything, Be Radically Truthful, and Aim High, Run Fast. These enable us to create a collaborative, inclusive environment where we can move effectively and efficiently to implement the best solutions.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team, and come from all backgrounds and countries.
- Fantastic benefits package for Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Development, family leave, weekly team lunches and more.
- We give all employees share options in the company - these have the potential to grow in value significantly if we continue on our current trajectory
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
- Having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.