We want to inspire the world to forecast correctly and empower it to tackle risk, thanks to our unique ability to forecast the outcomes of construction projects. We can change how construction projects are managed and executed, and this will lead us to build the world's largest infrastructure bank in the process. A crucial part of getting there is being able to deliver deep insights for very large construction schedules.
As our Commercial Director, you will be a senior leader at nPlan responsible for nurturing our sales and growth efforts. You will devise and implement a scalable strategy to solution-oriented selling of our assurance product, by helping prospects to understand how nPlan’s solution addresses their unique business needs. Reporting directly to the CEO, you’ll need to be eager to roll up your sleeves and facilitate every stage in the commercial cycle, from initial discovery, to pitching our solution, to pricing negotiations and value attribution.
This is a unique opportunity to shape our commercial operations within a world-class technology company, and set the tone for how we do sales at nPlan. You’ll be tasked with growing your team and will be instrumental in shaping our processes, our positioning, and our strategy. We’re excited to have you join us, and will be committed to your success and development as we grow.
At nPlan, we're working with some of the largest infrastructure projects in the world (think HS2, Heathrow, Crossrail), which means an opportunity to have a significant impact on the world around us, and what it will look like in the future, from the very first day.
You’ll be joining a world class and very well funded team, backed by top investors and VCs from Silicon Valley and the UK that all believe in the future we are creating. We’ve been on a tremendous growth trajectory for the last three years, and have even more ambitious growth plans for 2021 and beyond, scaling our product and team at an exciting pace. We won the hottest Proptech startup at the Europas in 2019, Forbes think we are 1 of 10 machine learning companies to look out for, and we recently picked up the best early stage company award at TechCrunch Disrupt
What we need you to do as our Commercial Director:
- Lead our commercial efforts in EMEA, with our existing customers and partners as well as through onboarding new customers and partners.
- Use your network to create new commercial opportunity and actively seek to expand that network.
- Gracefully deliver on 6+ figure deals, handling several deals simultaneously of varying complexity.
- Recruit, educate and empower your team.
- Learn externally about methods and processes in sales, bring this excellence to nPlan to help us systematise our sales, enabling us to scale faster.
- Show compassion and empathy with our customers and earning the respect of those that work with us, through your thoughtful approach to addressing the biggest challenges the industry faces.
What you bring to nPlan:
- You’ve got a technical degree/qualification, ideally in engineering, construction, or project management.
- Experience working in the construction or project delivery industry, where you’ve understood why a construction project can be delayed, and you can eloquently and thoughtfully discuss the challenges for contractors, clients, and other stakeholders
- Experience in selling services/consulting/scope/software to executives in the construction industry. Examples could include: Work winning (bidding), Client Account management, or management consulting.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- You're excited about the impact of what we're building: your energy, resolve, and drive inspires others to push for ambitious targets.
Nice to haves:
- Experience at selling high-end enterprise software solutions
- Knowledge of forecasting and probabilistic modelling
- Experience in establishing sales systems and processes
Typical nPlanauts are:
- Generally curious about the world.
- Serious, without taking themselves too seriously.
- Able to define their own work independently.
- Proactive about improving the world around them.
- Open-minded about new technical ideas.
- Willing to change their mind on the basis of the evidence.
What working at nPlan will be like:
- We are still a small team so there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you're from.
- We have three core values that underlie everything we do: Learn from Everything, Be Radically Truthful, and Aim High, Run Fast. These enable us to create a collaborative, inclusive environment where we can move effectively and efficiently to implement the best solutions.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team, and come from all backgrounds and countries. We offer Visa sponsorship and contribute to relocation costs.
- Fantastic benefits package for Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Development, family leave, weekly team lunches and more.
- Please mention the word 'crane' when submitting your application, as attention to detail is an important attribute
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
- Having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.