About the position
We are looking for a Junior Risk Engineer (risk assistant/ analyst equivalent) to join our growing Customer Success team in London. You’ll be a key part of our client-facing team, working with our risk and data science teams to conduct analyses for clients and form insights and real-world actions that they can capture value from, as well as helping our Product team better understand our clients and test out new features. You’ll be part of a fast-paced environment and on a steep learning curve; we’ll look to help you develop your analytical and communication skills, give you a strong grounding in serving prestigious clients and build very strong and diverse team-working skills as you interact with customer success managers, machine learning experts, software engineers, product development and sales teams.
Our purpose is to inspire the world to forecast correctly and empower it to tackle risk, powered by our deep learning technology and its unique ability to forecast the outcomes of construction projects. We’re on a mission to change how construction projects are planned, managed and executed, and in the process unlock a trillion dollars of new project value for the world through our data-driven forecasting.
We’re lucky to work on some of the largest infrastructure projects in the world, which gives us both an opportunity and a privilege to make a significant impact on the world around us, and what it will look like in the future, every day.
You’ll be joining a world class and well funded team, backed by top investors including GV (formerly known as Google Ventures) that all believe in the future we are creating. We’ve been on a tremendous growth trajectory for the last three years, and following our latest investment round we’ve got very ambitious growth plans for 2022 and beyond.
We regret to inform you that we are not able to offer visa sponsorship for this role.
What we need you to do as a Junior Risk Engineer:
- Assist with analysing the statistical outputs from our models and work with other Risk Engineers to suggest real-world actions for construction projects.
- Help our clients understand the risks their projects face and be able to explain statistical terms in simple English.
- Work with our Customer Success Managers and other Risk Analysts to ensure client requests are responded to promptly.
- Work with our internal Product and Software teams to help them understand the perspective of the user and test out new product features.
What you bring to nPlan:
- You’ve got a technical degree/qualification, ideally in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths) subject.
- You have strong numerical skills and are good at thinking about probabilities.
- You have an eye for details. If you’ve read this far, mention the word “crane” in your application :-)
- You have an interest in technology and how it can help solve real world problems in the construction industry.
- You’ve got some experience working in the construction industry, or at the very least strong evidence to showcase your interest in it.
The typical nPlanauts are:
- Generally curious about the world.
- Serious, without taking themselves too seriously.
- Able to define their own work independently.
- Proactive about improving the world around them.
- Open-minded about new technical ideas.
- Willing to change their mind on the basis of the evidence.
What working at nPlan will be like:
- We are still a small team so there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you're from.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team, and come from all backgrounds and countries.
- Fantastic benefits package for Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Development, family leave, weekly team lunches and more.
- We give all employees share options in the company - these have the potential to grow in value significantly if we continue on our current trajectory (though it’s important to know that the value of shares can go down as well as up)
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
- Having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.