Account Director | Infrastructure
We want to inspire the world to forecast correctly and empower it to tackle risk, thanks to our unique ability to forecast the outcomes of construction projects. We can change how construction projects are planned, managed and executed in a way that has never previously been possible. A crucial part of getting there is being able to deliver deep insights for very large construction schedules.
Your job will be to help it take huge steps towards that realisation with our new category of product and grow our business in so doing. Capitalising on the success of our work with the likes of HS2 and Network Rail, we are hiring an account director to handle sales into the infrastructure space for nPlan. Reporting to the Commercial Director, we will be looking for you to expand our presence and contribute to the burgeoning success that we are experiencing across the various industries we serve.
That is going to involve the shaping of our strategy for the sector and its successful execution. You’ll be joining a world class and very well funded team, backed by top investors and VCs from Silicon Valley and the UK that all believe in the future we are creating. We’ve been on a tremendous growth trajectory for the last three years, and have even more ambitious growth plans for 2022 and beyond, scaling our product and team at an exciting pace.
At nPlan, we're working with some of the largest infrastructure projects in the world, which means an opportunity to have a significant impact on the world around us, and what it will look like in the future, from the very first day. We’re already well positioned and are looking for someone that will:
- Embody the challenger sale; moreover you will not just follow good process but help to refine our approach to disruptive sales;
- Work as part of a team and recognise that whether or not part of this job description, when something needs to get done, muck in to make it happen;
- Be willing to work in a vibrant environment that is still being shaped by the incredibly talented individuals;
- Have a passion for the built and engineered environment;
- Start each day believing that they are changing the world and will put their head down each night knowing they have made a difference.
To be able to do this, we expect you to demonstrate:
- 8 years success in selling either or preferably both of cloud applications or into the construction sector;
- A deep understanding of complex sales so as to realistically qualify businesses that we can effectively serve and forecast outcomes of your work with them (unfortunately without the aid of our Artificial Intelligence!)
- Grit, tenacity and resourcefulness as the journey to success will neither be simple or served on a plate
- An understanding and, likely, a network of contacts across the infrastructure sector
- Attention to detail, and that will first be brought to our attention when you mention the word ‘crane’ in your application
- A life that is already breathing our values; Aim High Run Fast, Be Radically Truthful, Learn From Everything
In return, we will shower you with praise and appreciation. And we’ll provide you with
- The ability to earn uncapped commission
- Comprehensive benefits that are continually evolving: if it’s a good addition to the package, we’ll often just decide to incorporate it as standard
- Equity in the business so that you not only benefit from your short-term performance but also your contribution to the success of the business.
What working at nPlan will be like:
- We are still a small team so there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you're from.
- We have three core values that underlie everything we do: Learn from Everything, Be Radically Truthful, and Aim High, Run Fast. These enable us to create a collaborative, inclusive environment where we can move effectively and efficiently to implement the best solutions.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team, and come from all backgrounds and countries. We offer Visa sponsorship and contribute to relocation costs.
- Please mention the word 'crane' when submitting your application, as attention to detail is an important attribute
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
- Having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.