We are looking for a Technical Writer to join our team in London, UK.
We want to inspire the world to forecast correctly and empower it to tackle risk, thanks to our unique ability to forecast the outcomes of construction projects. We can change how construction projects are managed and executed, and this will lead us to build the world's largest infrastructure bank in the process. A crucial part of getting there is being able to deliver deep insights for very large construction schedules.
As a Technical Writer, in this role you’ll be working with our customer success and technical teams to help solve some of the most challenging problems facing the construction industry.
We're working with some of the largest infrastructure projects in the world (think HS2, Heathrow, Crossrail), which means an opportunity to have a significant impact on the world around us, and what it will look like in the future, from the very first day.
You’ll be joining a world class and very well funded team, backed by top investors and VCs from Silicon Valley and the UK that all believe in the future we are creating. We’ve been on a tremendous growth trajectory for the last three years, and have even more ambitious growth plans for 2021 and beyond, scaling our product and team at an exciting pace. We won the hottest Proptech startup at the Europas in 2019, Forbes think we are 1 of 10 machine learning companies to look out for, and we recently picked up the best early stage company award at TechCrunch Disrupt.
What we need you to do as a Technical Writer:
- Empathise with users and produce engaging documentation that will help them achieve their goals
- Collaborate closely with internal teams to identify and prioritise content needs
- Translate complex technical specifications into user-enabling product documentation, using friendly and simple language
- Write product copy, training materials, and how-to guides to empower users
- Gather feedback from different stakeholders for continuous improvement of technical documentation
- Establish and maintain standards to ensure consistency and clarity across all documentation
We need you to have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in content writing and technical documentation
- Ability to create clear and simple documentation that meets the needs of users, with a strong attention to detail
- An understanding of probability & statistics
- Please mention the word ‘crane’ in your application.
We’d like you to have:
- Technical experience
- Experience writing for a B2B audience
- An understanding of the construction industry, planning, and/or risk
The typical nPlanauts are:
- Generally curious about the world.
- Serious, without taking themselves too seriously.
- Able to define their own work independently.
- Proactive about improving the world around them.
- Open-minded about new technical ideas.
- Willing to change their mind on the basis of the evidence
What working at nPlan will be like:
- We are still a small team so there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you're from.
- We have three core values that underlie everything we do: Learn from Everything, Be Radically Truthful, and Aim High, Run Fast. These enable us to create a collaborative, inclusive environment where we can move effectively and efficiently to implement the best solutions.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team, and come from all backgrounds and countries. We offer Visa sponsorship and contribute to relocation costs.
- Fantastic benefits package for Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Development, family leave, weekly team lunches and more.
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
- Having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.