We are looking for a People Associate to join our team in London. Working closely with our Operations & People Lead and Operations Team, your role will be to help us to ensure the growth, development and satisfaction of what we believe to be our greatest asset - our team! This is a great role if you’ve started your People/HR career in recent years and are looking for the next step. You’ll gain all-round HR Generalist skills in a young, dynamic company, and we’ll support your growth and development in return.
At nPlan, we want to inspire the world to forecast correctly and empower it to tackle risk, thanks to our unique ability to forecast the outcomes of construction projects. We can change how construction projects are managed and executed, and a crucial part of getting there is being able to deliver deep insights for very large construction schedules.
We're working with some of the largest infrastructure projects in the world (think HS2, Heathrow, Crossrail), which means an opportunity to have a significant impact on the world around us, and what it will look like in the future, from the very first day.
You’ll be joining a world class and very well funded team, backed by top investors including GV (formerly known as Google Ventures) that all believe in the future we are creating. We’ve been on a tremendous growth trajectory for the last three years, and thanks to our latest $18.5m investment round we have even more ambitious growth plans for 2021 and beyond, scaling our product and team at an exciting pace.
Salary: up to £35,000 (depending on experience) plus equity.
What we need you to do:
- You’ll be the first point of contact for internal queries, You’ll ensure that our internal wiki is kept up-to-date (including benefits, holiday, expenses process and so on) and suggest improvements.
- You’ll be managing our onboarding process for new starters, making sure that our nPlanauts feel part of the team before they’ve even started! You’ll ensure that we comply with relevant employment laws and regulations and that information is up-to-date and secure on our HRIS.
- You’ll administer our performance reviews, OKRs and engagement surveys. You’ll analyse results and highlight areas for growth and development.
- Together with our Operations & People Lead, you’ll create, plan and organise content for internal L&D training; manage our regular learning sessions; and manage and update our internal knowledge database.
- You’ll manage our L&D budget, liaise with external providers and book external training courses.
- We love stats! You’ll be adept with spreadsheets and reporting, and will be measuring and reporting regularly on the impact that our HR and L&D related work is having.
We need you to have:
- At least 1 years’ experience in a generalist People/HR role, ideally within an SME or fast-growth organisation.
- Please mention the word ‘crane’ in your application.
- A deep love of measuring and reporting (you love spreadsheets!) whilst also being highly empathetic and a great communicator (we know not everything can be tracked with/solved by stats!)
- Experience of using HRIS and Payroll systems (we use CharlieHR and Xero), Slack and GSuite.
- Organisation and prioritisation superpowers! You have strong administrative experience and know how to prioritise your work to meet deadlines. You’re highly organised and you are able to identify where your time and energy is best spent.
- Ambition! We are growing fast, and we want you to grow with us :-)
We’d like you to have:
- CIPD HR Level 3 or equivalent qualification. If you’re working towards this or would be open to studying for this whilst working, that’s great too!
- Experience of creating, implementing and delivering L&D content.
- Experience of managing budgets.
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholders.
The typical nPlanauts are:
- Generally curious about the world.
- Serious, without taking themselves too seriously.
- Able to define their own work independently.
- Proactive about improving the world around them.
- Open-minded about new technical ideas.
- Willing to change their mind on the basis of the evidence
What working at nPlan will be like:
- We are still a small team so there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you're from.
- We have three core values that underlie everything we do: Learn from Everything, Be Radically Truthful, and Aim High, Run Fast. These enable us to create a collaborative, inclusive environment where we can move effectively and efficiently to implement the best solutions.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team, and come from all backgrounds and countries.
- Fantastic benefits package for Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Development, family leave, weekly team lunches and more.
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
- Having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.