Senior Project Engagement Manager
We are looking for a Senior Project Engagement Manager to join our team in London. In this role, you’ll use your deep knowledge of capital project dynamics to bring the value of nPlan to our customers on engagements and develop deep client and organisational relationships. You’ll have influence over the way our risk engineers and data scientists serve client teams on engagements and also guide the direction of our commercial efforts; ultimately you will be accountable for individual clients and own the nPlan relationship on engagements. You'll connect the dots, build relationships and tailor the work to meet the client’s needs. We hope you find the art of distilling messages and forging relationships fun and you gain energy when you bring people together.
At nPlan, our purpose is to inspire the world to forecast correctly and empower it to tackle risk, powered by our deep learning technology and its unique ability to forecast the outcomes of construction projects. We’re on a mission to change how construction projects are planned, managed and executed, and in the process unlock a trillion dollars of new project value for the world through our data-driven forecasting.
Every day, we’re lucky to work on some of the largest infrastructure projects in the world, which gives us both the opportunity and the privilege to make a significant impact on the world around us, and what it will look like in the future.
You’ll be joining a world class and well funded team, backed by top investors including GV (formerly known as Google Ventures) that all believe in the future we are creating. We’ve been on a tremendous growth trajectory for the last three years, and following our latest investment round we’ve got very ambitious growth plans for 2022 and beyond.
We know that taking your next career move is a big decision. If you'd like to ask us any questions before applying (role-related or company-related) please use this link to book in a short chat with our Talent Acquisition Manager, Jack.
About the role
At nPlan, high quality customer interactions require two things:
- A deep knowledge of construction projects, interfaces and dynamics.
- Engagement at different levels within our customer organisations - from detailed, technical conversations with planning and risk teams and at a higher level, to more action-based and commercial discussions with project managers and directors.
Our Commercial team’s core capability is in winning new business, and our risk engineers are best-in-class at finding the risk insights that can transform our customers' projects. We’re looking for someone that can straddle these worlds and fill the vital gap in between. By leveraging your understanding of the client and project dynamics, and by identifying key stakeholders and building strong relationships with them, you’ll ensure nPlan brings value to our clients in engagements.
To do this, you will
- Develop a deep understanding (beyond what’s on paper) of our clients’ needs and objectives, develop and agree with clients their KPIs/ success metrics for engagements and ensure nPlan keeps a laser-like focus on exceeding them.
- Develop, deliver and refine engagement plans that define the work we need to do to meet our clients’ goals, working closely with others within nPlan to do so
- Quarterback our engagements. As the main point of contact for our clients across the board, you’ll direct and orchestrate the work of others across the engagement to delight the client.
- Build and strengthen relationships with all client personas, so that we both learn what serves the client best and give ourselves the best chance of delivering transformational value for their organisations.
- Actively seek out renewal and upsell opportunities within client organisations, working closely with the Commercial team throughout the sales process.
- >5 years direct experience working on multiple major construction or infrastructure projects, with a deep understanding of the dynamics at play on projects and within organisations working on them.
- Delivered value to top-tier clients on construction projects and developed deep relationships with key stakeholders.
- A deep empathy for customers - you’re able to cut through noise and ensure that their problems, needs and wants remain the forefront of what is delivered
- Experience ideally leading or otherwise working within cross-functional internal teams with differing skill-sets and objectives
- A passion for risk management - you understand the importance and value of it and your experiences in construction give you perspectives to bring to the table.
- Please mention the word 'crane' in your application.
- A proactive, problem-solving mindset - you are comfortable navigating ambiguity and novel problems, and building and driving solutions
As a bonus, it is great if you have sales, commercial or customer success experience.
What the role won’t do:
- Directly lead sales or renewals conversations (unless you want to!)
- Conduct technical risk analysis or be the one presenting it to clients
Due to the tight coupling with nPlan’s revenue growth, this role carries the additional incentive of a pool commission plan. As a proportion of the affiliated company target, renewal and expansion bookings will attract commission payments.
What working at nPlan will be like:
- We are still a relatively small team so there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you're from.
- We have three core values that underlie everything we do: Learn from Everything, Be Radically Truthful, and Aim High, Run Fast. These enable us to create a collaborative, inclusive environment where we can move effectively and efficiently to implement the best solutions.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team, and come from all backgrounds and countries. We offer Visa sponsorship and contribute to relocation costs (role dependant).
- Fantastic benefits package for Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Development, family leave, weekly team meals and more.
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
- Having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.
What your typical work week will be like:
As a Senior Project Engagement Manager, you can expect to be doing a mix of change management, client stakeholder management and internal team coordination to achieve that. Each customer engagement is unique and so the blend of time spent on each aspect will be dictated by you.