We are looking for a Customer Success Engineer to join our customer success team in London.
We want to inspire the world to forecast correctly and empower it to tackle risk, thanks to our unique ability to forecast the outcomes of construction projects. We can change how construction projects are managed and executed, and this will lead us to build the world's largest infrastructure bank in the process. A crucial part of getting there is being able to deliver deep insights for very large construction schedules.
In this unique role, you'll be working with our Software Engineering and Commercial teams to help solve some of the most challenging problems facing the construction industry. You’ll play a critical role to support our clients from around the world, empowering them to understand the insights we produce and take action.
We're working with some of the largest infrastructure projects in the world (think HS2, Heathrow, Crossrail), which means an opportunity to have a significant impact on the world around us, and what it will look like in the future, from the very first day.
You’ll be joining a world class and very well funded team, backed by top investors and VCs from Silicon Valley and the UK that all believe in the future we are creating. We’ve been on a tremendous growth trajectory for the last three years, and have even more ambitious growth plans for 2021 and beyond, scaling our product and team at an exciting pace. We won the hottest Proptech startup at the Europas in 2019, Forbes think we are 1 of 10 machine learning companies to look out for, and we recently picked up the best early stage company award at TechCrunch Disrupt.
What we need you to do as a Customer Success Engineer:
- Work directly with our clients (the largest infrastructure contractors and owners) to help them understand our results and, most importantly, take action.
- Lead the introspection of the statistical outputs from our Machine Learning models onto real world projects, checking the predictions generated with the logic presented.
- Work with our product team to help them understand the perspective of the user, rigorously test our product on projects and make sure it's something you would have wanted to use in your past roles. Build something you love.
- Follow your work through to the last mile with our clients and our product team, gathering feedback and implementing responses quickly.
What you bring to nPlan:
- You’ve got a technical degree/qualification, ideally in engineering.
- You’ve got hands on experience in probabilistic modelling, from handling the inputs, to running simulations, to producing results and communicating them with an audience in a simple and effective way.
- You have been exposed to project controls for a construction project. As a result you can read and understand a programme/schedule/gantt chart and have been involved in risk workshops associated with a project.
- You have strong quantitative skills that you are looking to build on, and you enjoy thinking in probabilistic terms about future events.
- You have an eye for details. If you’ve read this far, mention the word “crane” in your application :-)
- You can communicate your work with a wide variety of stakeholders in simple, plain-english.
The typical nPlanauts are:
- Generally curious about the world.
- Serious, without taking themselves too seriously.
- Able to define their own work independently.
- Proactive about improving the world around them.
- Open-minded about new technical ideas.
- Willing to change their mind on the basis of the evidence.
What working at nPlan will be like:
- We are still a small team so there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you're from.
- We have three core values that underlie everything we do: Learn from Everything, Be Radically Truthful, and Aim High, Run Fast. These enable us to create a collaborative, inclusive environment where we can move effectively and efficiently to implement the best solutions.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team, and come from all backgrounds and countries. We offer Visa sponsorship and contribute to relocation costs.
- Fantastic benefits package for Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Development, family leave, weekly team lunches and more.
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
- Having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.