We are looking for a Support Engineer to join our team in London.
At nPlan, we are making construction more predictable via a comprehensive understanding of plan outcomes, and a crucial part of that is being able to deliver deep insights for very large construction schedules. In this role, you’ll be working closely with our customer success team and engineering teams to help solve some of the most challenging problems facing the construction industry.
We're working with some of the largest infrastructure projects in the world, which means an opportunity to have a true impact on the world around us.
You’ll be joining a world class team, backed by top investors from the US and UK that all believe in the future we can enable. We won the hottest Proptech startup at the Europas in 2019, Forbes think we are 1 of 10 machine learning companies to look out for and we recently picked up the best early stage company award at TechCrunch Disrupt.
What we need you to do:
- Respond to support requests from our users about potential bugs, explanations, or clarification of results from our models, and help them succeed in using our product to reduce risk on their projects
- Identify resolution to issues and file bugs with the engineering team
- Create tools to automate and optimise the support process
- Create tools to provide faster insights to clients whilst working with the customer success team to deliver new value through the product
- Write guides and how-tos to empower our users
- Work with product managers to inform the product strategy based on your frontline knowledge of user needs
We need you to have:
- Professional communication standards, with very high quality written and spoken English
- Fluent in Python
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Please mention the word ‘crane’ in your application
We’d like you to have:
- Knowledge of working with Bigquery and GraphQL
- Knowledge of microservice architectures in K8S
- Basic understanding of common Data Science and Machine Learning methods
- A technical degree (CS/Engineering/Math)
- Familiar with git and CI/CD practices
The typical nPlanauts are:
- Generally curious about the world.
- Serious, without taking themselves too seriously.
- Able to define their own work independently.
- Proactive about improving the world around them.
- Open-minded about new technical ideas.
- Willing to change their mind on the basis of the evidence
What working at nPlan will be like:
- We are still a small team so there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you're from.
- We have three core values that underlie everything we do: Learn from Everything, Be Radically Truthful, and Aim High, Run Fast. These enable us to create a collaborative, inclusive environment where we can move effectively and efficiently to implement the best solutions.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team, and come from all backgrounds and countries. We offer Visa sponsorship and contribute to relocation costs.
- Fantastic benefits package for Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Development, family leave, weekly team lunches and more.
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
- Having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.