We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team.
At nPlan we are using pioneering machine learning to help major construction projects run on time and on budget.
A crucial part of that is being able to deliver deep insights for very large construction schedules. In this role, you’ll be working closely with our customer success team and engineering teams to help solve some of the most challenging problems facing the construction industry.
You’ll be joining a world-class team, backed by top investors from the US and UK including GV (formerly known as Google Ventures). Our disruptive product is award-winning and highlighted by Forbes as 1 of 15 Machine Learning companies to watch
nPlan are growing fast, making now an exciting and unique time to join our team!
We know that taking your next career move is a big decision. If you'd like to ask us any questions before applying (role-related or company-related) please use this link to book in a short chat with our Talent Acquisition Manager, Jack
Some of the projects you could be working on:
- Design, build & implement innovative new features on our platform
- Participating in setting the direction of the product
- Support team members through peer code reviews, workshopping ideas etc
- Expanding and developing our internal collection of microservices
- Developing internal tools and libraries to help us scale
- Creating tools to simplify and accelerate the data acquisition process
- Maintaining and expanding our simulation and analysis capabilities
We need you to have:
- Familiar working with version control and collaboration tools (ideally Git & JIRA)
- Experience with API and/or microservice development
- Strong algorithmic & technical design skills
- Interest in Docker and Kubernetes or serverless application deployment
- (bonus) Experience with GraphQL and/or React for the web
- (bonus) Contributions to relevant open source project
- (bonus) Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or Maths, or equivalent experience
- Please mention the word 'crane' in your application
What working at nPlan will be like:
- We are still a small team so there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you're from.
- We have three core values that underlie everything we do: Learn from Everything, Be Radically Truthful, and Aim High, Run Fast. These enable us to create a collaborative, inclusive environment where we can move effectively and efficiently to implement the best solutions.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team, and come from all backgrounds and countries.
- Fantastic benefits package for Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Development, family leave, weekly team lunches and more.
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
- Having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.
What your typical work week will be like:
As a Software Engineer, you can expect to be working with other engineering and product experts across a range of disciplines as part of a product-focused delivery squad. A typical week could involve a mix of focus time developing new features and/or capabilities for our products, code-pairing with other members of your squad to pay back some tech debt, having a 1-1 with your Chapter Lead (mentor), or designing the architecture we'll need for our next goal. We operate in sprints with daily standups and use Slack, Jira, Github, and Google Meet as collaboration tools.