We are looking for a Risk Engineer to join our Customer Success team in Sydney, Australia, or remotely from the Eastern seaboard. You’ll play a critical role to work with our clients from around the world, empowering them to understand the insights we produce and take action. On top of that, you'll be the first new hire in Australia, working directly with our Commercial Director, APAC to build out our presence in the region.
We want to inspire the world to forecast correctly and empower it to tackle risk, thanks to our unique ability to forecast the outcomes of construction projects. We can change how construction projects are managed and executed, a crucial part of getting there is being able to deliver deep insights for very large construction schedules.
We're working with some of the largest infrastructure projects in the world (think HS2, Heathrow, Crossrail), which means an opportunity to have a significant impact on the world around us, and what it will look like in the future, from the very first day.
Using your expertise in communicating risk, we’re excited about the prospect of moving the needle forward. You’ll be joining a world class and very well funded team, backed by top investors including GV (formerly known as Google Ventures) that all believe in the future we are creating. We’ve been on a tremendous growth trajectory for the last three years, and thanks to our latest $18.5m investment round we have even more ambitious growth plans for 2021 and beyond, scaling our product and team at an exciting pace.
What we need you to do as a Risk Engineer:
- Work with our clients, the largest infrastructure contractors and owners, to help them understand our results and most importantly, take action.
- Assist with the introspection of the statistical outputs from our machine learning models onto real world construction projects.
- Work with our product team to help them understand the perspective of the user and test out new product features.
What you bring to nPlan:
- You’ve got strong experience in modelling risk quantitatively, which means you’re well versed in Quantitative Schedule Risk Analysis (QSRA) from its basic principles to the use of software tools like Primavera Risk Analysis (Pertmaster), @Risk or similar.
- You have strong quantitative skills, with a good understanding of statistics. You should know about probability distribution types, fat/long tails, sampling, and be able to explain them in plain English.
- You’ve been able to communicate your work (especially verbally) with a wide variety of stakeholders on a variety of projects and can demonstrate your ability to influence decision makers.
- Your experiences in risk give you perspective to bring to the table but more importantly, you are excited about how nPlan’s approach is fundamentally different and valuable.
- You have an eye for details. If you’ve read this far, mention the word “crane” in your application :-)
- You're excited about the impact of what we're building: your energy, determination and drive inspire others to push for ambitious targets.
The typical nPlanauts are:
- Generally curious about the world.
- Serious, without taking themselves too seriously.
- Able to define their own work independently.
- Proactive about improving the world around them.
- Open-minded about new technical ideas.
- Willing to change their mind on the basis of the evidence.
What working at nPlan will be like:
- We are still a small team so there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you're from.
- We have three core values that underlie everything we do: Learn from Everything, Be Radically Truthful, and Aim High, Run Fast. These enable us to create a collaborative, inclusive environment where we can move effectively and efficiently to implement the best solutions.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team, and come from all backgrounds and countries. We offer Visa sponsorship and contribute to relocation costs.
- Fantastic benefits package for Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Development, family leave, weekly team lunches and more.
- We give all employees share options in the company - these have the potential to grow in value significantly if we continue on our current trajectory (though it’s important to know that the value of shares can go down as well as up)
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
- Having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.