We are looking for a Frontend Engineer to join our team in London.
We want to inspire the world to forecast correctly and empower it to tackle risk, thanks to our unique ability to forecast the outcomes of construction projects. We can change how construction projects are managed and executed, and this will lead us to build the world's largest infrastructure bank in the process. A crucial part of getting there is being able to deliver deep insights for very large construction schedules.
We're working with some of the largest infrastructure projects in the world (think HS2, Heathrow, Crossrail), which means an opportunity to have a significant impact on the world around us, and what it will look like in the future, from the very first day.
You’ll be joining a world class and very well funded team, backed by top investors including GV (formerly known as Google Ventures) that all believe in the future we are creating. We’ve been on a tremendous growth trajectory for the last three years, and thanks to our latest $18.5m investment round we have even more ambitious growth plans for 2021 and beyond, scaling our product and team at an exciting pace.
What you'll do as a Frontend Engineer:
- Working with the product and machine learning team, you’ll play a major role in building the frontend of our flagship products.
- Discover new ways to communicate our insights to our users. This really requires you to think broadly about communicating uncertainty, risk and complexity.
- You’ll help others in reviewing code and designing components.
- You’ll be working mainly with React, GraphQL (Apollo), VX but also various other frontend libraries and tools.
We need you to have:
- A Degree in Maths / Computer Science / Engineering or relevant experience
- Experience with React
- Experience writing robust markup and modern CSS
- Familiarity working with Git in engineering teams
- Please mention the word 'Crane' in your application
We’d also appreciate any of:
- Experience with testing React
- Some experience with GraphQL and VX
- A passion for writing reusable, modular code
- Experience working closely with UX experts
- Familiarity with Docker/Kubernetes and CI/CD pipelines
- Exposure to gRPC, TypeScript, service workers, WebAssembly
What working at nPlan will be like:
- We are still a small team so there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the company, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you're from.
- We have three core values that underlie everything we do: Learn from Everything, Be Radically Truthful, and Aim High, Run Fast. These enable us to create a collaborative, inclusive environment where we can move effectively and efficiently to implement the best solutions.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team, and come from all sorts of backgrounds and countries. We offer visa sponsorship and contribute to relocation costs.
- We give all employees share options in the company - these have the potential to grow in value significantly if we continue on our current trajectory (though it’s important to know that the value of shares can go down as well as up)
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
- Having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.