We are looking for a Frontend Engineer to join our team in London. We are making construction more predictable via a comprehensive understanding of plan outcomes, and a crucial part of that is being able to deliver deep insights for very large construction schedules.
We're working with some of the largest infrastructure projects in the world, which means an opportunity to have a true impact on the world around us.
What you'll do:
- Working with the product and machine learning team, you’ll play a major role in building our flagship products.
- Discover new ways to communicate our insights to our users. This really requires you to think broadly about communicating uncertainty, risk and complexity.
- You’ll help others in reviewing code and designing components.
- You’ll be working mainly with React, GraphQL (Apollo), VX but also various other frontend libraries and tools.
We need you to have:
- A Degree in Maths / Computer Science / Engineering or relevant experience
- Experience with React
- Experience writing robust markup and modern CSS
- Familiarity working with Git in engineering teams
- Please mention the word 'Crane' in your application
We’d also appreciate any of:
- Experience with testing React
- Some experience with GraphQL and VX
- A passion for writing reusable, modular code
- Experience working closely with UX experts
- Familiarity with Docker/Kubernetes and CI/CD pipelines
- Exposure to gRPC, TypeScript, service workers, WebAssembly
We have three core values that underlie everything we do:
- Learn from everything
- Be radically truthful
- Aim high, and run fast
These values enable us to create a collaborative, inclusive environment where we can move effectively and efficiently to implement the best solutions.
What working at nPlan will be like:
- There is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the company, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you're from.
- We consider engineering quality of paramount value and will always strive for the best solution to a problem.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team, and come from all sorts of backgrounds and countries.
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as a peer.
- Everyone in the company has the same opportunity. Your success will only ever depend on your contribution to the company, and how well the company is doing.
- Having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.