Strategic Account Director
$250k OTE per annum plus equity package
We are looking for a Strategic Account Director to expand our team in North America.
- nPlan is embarking on a huge growth trajectory in North America, and to achieve that, we need to increase our presence in the region. We have a few early customers, but to realise our ambition, we need to grow our team on the ground so that we build trust with them and importantly, bring on board and delight more customers.
- We are a fast-growing Series A scale-up with investors including GV (formerly known as Google Ventures) and Demis Hassabis (founder of DeepMind).
- The package is $250k OTE per annum plus fantastic share options
- Flexible working hours & locations
- Enhanced benefits package including (for example) medical insurance, unlimited holiday allowance, annual retreat, and enhanced family and sick leave policies.
Strategic Account Director - North America
Your job will be to help nPlan build upon our current success with clients such as Shell and Network Rail (the UK’s Amtrak) by attracting and expanding within clients to help us take the business to the next level in the US and Canada. You will report to our Commercial Director (Head of Sales) and be in a position to influence the direction of the business. Whilst you will be provided with training, guidance and support from nPlan UK and your counterpart in the region, the right person will help us shape our approach to the North American market.
Our purpose is to inspire the world to forecast correctly and empower it to tackle risk, powered by our deep learning technology and its unique ability to forecast the outcomes of construction projects. We’re on a mission to change how construction projects are planned, managed and executed, and in the process unlock a trillion dollars of new project value for the world through our data-driven forecasting.
We’re lucky to work on some of the largest infrastructure projects in the world, which gives us both an opportunity and a privilege to make a significant impact on the world around us, and what it will look like in the future, every day.
You’ll be joining a world class and well funded team, backed by top investors including GV (formerly known as Google Ventures) that all believe in the future we are creating. We’ve been on a tremendous growth trajectory for the last five years, and following our latest investment round we’ve got very ambitious growth plans for 2024 and beyond.
About the role:
We’ll need you to:
- Embody the challenger sale (as a proven technique to selling products that are in a new category)
- Work as part of a team and embrace the start-up mentality. Do what needs to be done to attract and retain customers.
- Build a - and ideally have an existing - network of contacts across the engineering and construction sector to drive referrals and word-of-mouth selling
- Be willing to work in a vibrant environment that is still being shaped by incredibly talented individuals
- >4 years success selling SaaS into large enterprises
- Experience of project controls and project management (bonus for if you’ve sold SaaS to construction projects!)
- A good understanding of complex sales; you will be able to qualify businesses that we can effectively serve and forecast the outcomes of your work with them
- The capacity to rapidly grasp and communicate new concepts, and a desire to challenge the status quo, as we are selling a new category of service
- Grit, tenacity and resourcefulness, as the journey to success will neither be simple or served on a plate
- Attention to detail, which you will be able to demonstrate by mentioning the word 'crane' in your application
- An attitude and working style that embodies our values: Aim High Run Fast, Be Radically Truthful, Learn From Everything
In return we'll provide you with:
- The ability to earn uncapped commission
- Equity in the business so that you not only benefit from your short-term performance but also your contribution to the success of the company
- Comprehensive benefits that are continually evolving: if it's a good addition to the package, we'll often just decide to incorporate it as standard
- A recognition that having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.
What working at nPlan will be like:
- We are still a relatively small team so there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of our operations
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you're from.
- Fantastic benefits package for Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Development and more.
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
A note on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
We are working hard to create a workplace that is inclusive to everyone, no matter their background, or where they are in life. We believe that only a truly diverse place can create great products that serve a wide audience and improve the world.
We believe in equality of opportunities and that's why we make sure that these ideas are reflected in our values, and that we really apply these in all aspects of our company culture.
If you have a need for any adjustments during our interview process, let us know and we will do our best to accommodate them.